Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Grundig 5005w radio

Have a Grundig 5005w that I want to get working, and noticed that the positive lead from the 2 uf 250 volt electrolitic was hanging disconnected after removing the access panel from the bottom.
Anyone know where this is supposed to connect?
Can't make heads or tails out of the schematic.
If you look real close you will see a short piece of wire with a piece of insulation hanging down from that tube socket.Looks like a hook in the picture.
Wonder if that is where the e cap lead goes?
When powered up the first time, I just got some noise from dirty switches etc. No stations on any band.

Everything is in german.
Will need to rig up some type of antenna for the shortwave bands 'Will need a couple knobs for this bad boy too.
Anyone know anything about these radio's
murf
[Image: http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q509...digcap.jpg]

How bout a photo of the whole thing?

paul

Tubetalk1

It's tore down right now, but I will post pics before and after re-laquering the cabinet.
But you can look it up online. there are pics of that model there.
murf

Looking for a way to rig up an antenna for the shortwave bands.
There is a separate female receptacle that has holes for 3 pins.
I am wondering if each of these holes is to supply an antenna for each of the separate shortwave bands?
The am bands(there are 2)I believe must be supplied a signal through each of the 2 holes on that loop plug that also has 2 pins?
Anyone care to straighten me out on these?
Thanks,
murf

http://elektrotanya.com/grundig_5005w.zip/download.html

http://elektrotanya.com/grundig_5005w_am...nload.html

(note: all text is in German)

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Is the back missing? It probably has antenna leads marked.

Yes I have the back.
THe 2 pin receptacle says UKW antenna, and the triple socket is marked antenne on top hole and Erde on the other 2 holes int the socket.
Would each of these have a single wire or would they somehow be wired like an american radio loop?
Have not found where that 2uf e cap in the fm modulation section needs to be hooked up yet, but using a single wire as an antenna, I am able to pick a station up on the am band. It is a station about 35 miles away and comes in pretty clear.
Nothing else though.
Looked at it tonight and was wondering how you align these?
Quite different from what I am used to.
murf

I think I'm in the same boat.Icon_sad
You probably need banana plugs for the "holes."
Erde is earth. (ground)

UKW = FM

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Now were getting somewhere.
Do you think it needs to be grounded?
I would receive the 1 am station using either the ukw,antenne,or even one of the erde connections.
THere is a loop moounted to the inside of the cabinet which has a plug for the fm band.
Probably nothing on the fm band in 1951?
If that 2 uf e cap is for the fm modulation section, I wonder if I need it?
murf