Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Jackson Bell 62 Ecap questions

The 1 uf caps are in a lower voltage circuit, so you don't have to go up to 400 vdc rated caps, unless you already have them in stock, you could make up something by paralleling a pair of .5 uf caps, or whatever you have, to get to the 1 uf. If you have to order anything you might as well get the proper ones. Version 1 has a filter choke on the chassis somewhere, version 2 does not have the extra filter choke, both have the block condenser can with two 1 uf capacitors inside. Version 1 also has three electrolytic capacitors, version 2 does not. I've never seen this much variation in the power supply design of one model of radio before, it's almost like they were experimenting with different designs during production.
Regards
Arran

Thanks Arran,
I will use the 2 .47 caps in place. I just need a darn .00025 or 250pf cap to finish it.
Anyone got one lying around? Icon_mrgreen

My caps are lovers, not fighters... Maybe they can make me a .00025 cap? Icon_lol

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Kirk;
A pair of .47 uf caps will be close enough, that will equal .94 uf which is within 10%, the old paper caps had a tolerance of + or - 20%. Again this is a low voltage circuit for a tube radio so you can use just about anything above 100 vdc in place of the original 1 uf caps in that can. If they were in the B+ supply you would want to use 630 v rated ones, but these are used in the cathode circuits of the #24 detector and the #45 power output tubes. Also since they are hidden inside a can you can use radial lead capacitors, with one end of each cap together and then soldered to the can, with the other end of each soldered to it's respective terminal.
Regards
Arran

thanks guys,

Too busy with the house to work but I will try. I need to figure out how to attach the ground to the cans.

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6