Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can anyone identify this Pilot radio?

I have not seen one like that
looks like they tarred it and deco it ?
good luck Icon_thumbup

Most unique, I am interested in Pilot as they manufactured in Lawrence, Massachusetts for a while. I have seen mostly large Pilot sets. I let a big one get away at our New England swap meet that had a very neat tuning feel to it, it was a huge table set. no room in the inn.

Good luck with it.

Paul

Tubetalk1

Do you know it's a Pilot for sure? Knobs are similar but not the usual Pilot style knobs. Are there any markings on the tubes, bezel, capacitors, etc. to indicate a Pilot. I was trying to find the word 'Pilot' somewhere but no luck. Of course my eyes aren't what they once were but nothing is jumping out at me.

Craig R.

Hello BrendaAnn,

I've checked my usual sources, but can't find this one. What does it do for a speaker? It appears that there is less here than meets the eye! Icon_e_wink What tubes are in the radio? 8 tubes for a broadcast band radio seems like a lot unless it is a radio/phono combo or it is part of a PA system. Also, I can't recall ever seeing a radio that tunes right to left, i.e., high portion of the band on the left. Interesting. Joe

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

Possibly a Pilot T-1584, Vol 11 of Riders. The T-1684 is the same electronically but has push-button tuning. Joe

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

Tube complement looks to be 5Y3, 6V6, 6SQ7, 2x 6SK7 or equiv., 6SA7, 6J5 and whatever that eye tube is. It does look like it has a phono input, which is probably what that 6J5 is used for (magnetic pickup?). The T-1684 doesn't look anything like this circuit. That one has a p-p output circuit and series heaters, whereas the radio posted is a transformer set with parallel heaters.

Hopefully once it gets here, I'll find more information somewhere on that chassis..