Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model ID Please?

I've looked through the 30's lineups and cannot find this set. Help anyone?
Thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

That is not a Philco. Looks like a Majestic?

(since this isn't a Philco, I have moved this topic to Other Radios (Non-Philco).

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

(09-24-2014, 08:47 PM)Ron Ramirez Wrote:  That is not a Philco. Looks like a Majestic?

(since this isn't a Philco, I have moved this topic to Other Radios (Non-Philco).

Thanks, Ron....... no wonder I couldn't find it! The person selling this thought it was a Philco, but I was interested mostly from the condition.
I'll check at the radiomuseum site under Majestic ????...perhaps another member recognizes it?

Where are you located? That may help narrow down what make and model that set is. Most Majestic sets I've seen have the name stamped right into the dial escutcheon, they also have a plate on the back of the chassis that says "Majestic" Grigsby-Grunow Inc, Chicago, or in Canada "Majestic" Standard Radio Manufacturing. LTD., Toronto or alternatively  "Majestic" Rogers-Majestic Corporation, LTD, Toronto.
  However Majestic brand radios were not the only ones that look like this, at least in Canada, I've seen Rogers sets that are almost identical to the Majestic ones except for the name "Rogers Batteryless" being stamped on the escutcheon. I have also seen Canadian Marconi and Canadian Westinghouse sets that have a very similar design. One thing that may hep is if you could post a photo of the set from the rear, or even of the chassis itself. It is definitely not a Philco though, Canadian or American.
Regards
Arran