Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

You'd have to be a stooge to like this radio

Any guesses as to the year / make of this set?

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Definitely an Emerson, that's their logo.

http://www.radioatticarchives.com/radio.htm?radio=4904

My late friend had a beat up one of these sitting out in one of his bulidings for a few years. Not sure if it is still there or not. Guess it worked fairly well and he kept it because he figured no-one wanted it.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Hey Greg it's an Emerson FJ-412 radio/78 player from 1942.
Terry

Woo Woo Woo!! Thanks, Terry.

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

The Emerson is a little odd in that most the Three Stooges favor Zenith sets. Have seen an AK cathedral and maybe a Philco cathedral .
Terry

The difference between what the props department had around and getting paid to represent a company.

Doesn't quite look like a regular publicity photo because Moe and Larry have normal hair and not Stooge hair. Moe's is combed back and Larry's is combed down.

That's what I'm saying. This wasn't a Three Stooges promo, but an Emerson ad featuring the Stooges.

Sorry, somehow I missed what you were saying. Must have read it too fast or something. The Stooges seem a strange choice for radio ads since they weren't radio stars. I've seen Emerson ads featuring Abbott and Costello which makes more sense.

Calling Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine...... nifty photo. Columbia pictures had a deal with Zenith to feature their sets when the scene needed a radio. Many Columbia pictures including the Stooges showcase Zeniths. I watch the reruns for the high brow entertainment as well as the nifty decor, cars, radios, fashions....

Paul

Tubetalk1

I really Loved the Stooges........Used to watch them every sat and sunday when I was young.. Laugh a mile a minute. Where and why did all those shows bring a smile to our faces? Time was different,family ment everything! Where did we go wrong? How about I Love Lucy There was another show that was funny and great. What shows do you all miss guys!!!

It's About Time, Car 54, Where are You?

But there's no need to miss them anymore. Icon_smile I have them on DVD.

Yeah Brenda that was a good one to. Also Kojack (WHO LOVES YOU BABY), Emergency....A lot of good shows back then. Now everything is reality shows. Just crap on TV now.

I love the Three Stooges too.  I'll never forget the icy stares I received at the tire store waiting room because I had changed the channel to the Three Stooges.... I guess they wanted to watch soaps or one of the judge shows.... but I was alone in there when I made the switch.

As for shows from the past.... The Untouchables (of course), Amos n' Andy, and Leave it to Beaver reruns were some of my favorites.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"