Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SITCO. ?

Anybody ever heard of a Japanese Transistor radio manufacturer / exporter called SITCO. Icon_question

That's one of the problems with some transistor sets imported from Japan from the late 1950s through mid 60s was that they were private label jobs without a manufacturer's name. Some of them were sold in drug stores and discount department stores, some used names of defunct old American radio companies from the 1920s and 30s . There must a way to track down at least some of them I think, SITCO is not one I am familiar with though.
Regards
Arran

Yeah that sounds about right.

This is an absolutely awful thing. Cheap plastic throughout. I hate it. Its been in my transistor collection about two years now. In its box. I only take it out occasionally to frown upon it.

I love the box. That's why I keep the thing. Sad eh.

Will post pics of it later.

Is it just me or do any of you guys hold on to a horrible radio and why. ?.

Just look at this thing.   Yuk.

Attached Files Image(s)

The Guts.

Attached Files Image(s)

That is much newer then the ones I am thinking of, that looks more like a Hong Kong built unit from the early 70's since it has those black transistors with a domed top. In fact the fact that the dial scale is marked out as being KHz rather then KC says that it's no older then 1968-69, though there were plenty of sets still using the KC markings in the early 70s. The Japanese ones from the late 1950s and early 60s used germanium transistors with metal cases and were battery only, no AC power cord.
Regards
Arran

Spot on Arran. Icon_clap 

Instructions still in its Box.   Made in Hong Kong.   Now Have a look at the Box.

Anybody recognise the Model. ?. Icon_twisted

Attached Files Image(s)