Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Help! Anyone with a Silvertone 101.614

I screwed up! Re-capping and re-resistoring a 101.614 chassis. I inadvertently removed a resistor, threw it away, and best of all, it's not on the schematic. The resistor in question goes from the "P" terminal on the chassis (see schematic and pic) to ground (I believe). Pic was taken before I did anything. Resistor is circled in black.

"A" and "P" are on the far left of the schematic. C6 is also connected to "P" and one end of the resistor. But the schematic shows C6 goes from L2 on one side, to "P" on the other, with no resistor anywhere.

I believe "P" was for a "plate" SW antenna which is long gone, and "A" is for an external SW antenna. "P" will probably never be used, but it's bugging me that the resistor is missing.

Anyone have any idea if, in fact, the other side of the resistor does go to ground, and what the value would be?

Thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

Can't speak to anything else, but your resistor is a 470K 1/2 watt. It LOOKS like it may be a design change, where it replaced (or preceded) the coil to ground.

Can't say for sure, maybe it was there just to keep the antenna from floating at the ground potential. Why? Don't know. Say, static accumulated at the caps and when the band switch was turned it produced a loud click. The resistor would keep it from happening.

(11-05-2014, 02:57 PM)BrendaAnnD Wrote:  Can't speak to anything else, but your resistor is a 470K 1/2 watt. It LOOKS like it may be a design change, where it replaced (or preceded) the coil to ground.

Thanks. You have better eyes than me. I'll go with that.

And the wattage does not matter here, 1/2W is there simply because it was a convenient size. Any resistor will do.

(11-05-2014, 03:18 PM)morzh Wrote:  And the wattage does not matter here, 1/2W is there simply because it was a convenient size. Any resistor will do.

I'll throw one in there just to appease the tube gods. Thanks.