Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Remler wood console

I found this on craigslist for $80. I can't seem to find any info on Remler wood consoles. I found lots of stuff about their table bakelite units. Anybody have any info about this? And maybe if it's a good buy?

Thanks,

Pat

If it is clean inside...maybe. Provided the speaker is good.

Looks like it might be an amputee though...

No matter where you go, there you are.

It has a short.............................cabinet.

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

(11-08-2014, 08:21 PM)Phlogiston Wrote:  It has a short.............................cabinet.

So do I. But I think I'll pass. Thanks to you all.

Given the weekend warrior refinish, the missing legs, broken escutcheon, broken speaker grille, mystery knobs, $80 is way to much, maybe $30-40 tops, if it had everything still in the back, but preferably less. As I keep explaining to people, it's the restoration costs in time and money that nails you, sometimes even if the radio is free it's too much.
Regards
Arran

(11-09-2014, 02:11 AM)Arran Wrote:    Given the weekend warrior refinish, the missing legs, broken escutcheon, broken speaker grille, mystery knobs, $80 is way to much, maybe $30-40 tops, if it had everything still in the back, but preferably less. As I keep explaining to people, it's the restoration costs in time and money that nails you, sometimes even if the radio is free it's too much.
Regards
Arran

I agree 100%. My time isn't worth much because it's a hobby, and caps and resistors are cheap, but the rest can cost an arm and a leg, and you'll never be able to sell it for more than you have invested. I used to restore classic cars as a hobby, and if you weren't careful, you could put $25,000 into a car, and only sell it for $20,000. At least with this hobby, my bank account doesn't suffer as much, and my wife lets me sleep in the bedroom rather than the garage.