Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Atwater Kent 206

(11-16-2014, 10:56 AM)Radioroslyn Wrote:  I was going to mention the pointer to you as it isn't the proper one but didn't want to be a wet blanket. You are also missing a couple of white on black labels, one on the chassis and one on the IF can . If you want to be picky. You do have a nice shield for the 2A6 tube. most of the one I've were missing or falling apart.
Terry

I am VERY picky. It is my problem.Thanks for letting me know, appreciate any input. Going to take care of the pointer.Labels - have no idea where to to get those.The shield I fixed with a new aluminum wrap.Then I had to solder the ground wire to the bottom of it. Had a tiny bottle of aluminum flux laying around for 30 years, no clue how it survived discarding. Worked like a charm.

Sorry fields, I didn't mean to be a wet blanket. I've discovered incorrect items on my radios quite a bit later and had wished someone had said something when I had it on a forum.

I have scans somewhere of the rear labels and I also made copies of the small, round NRA labels that were on the AK sets if you would like copies.

(11-16-2014, 02:03 PM)thirtiesradio Wrote:  Sorry fields, I didn't mean to be a wet blanket.

What are you talking about? I really appreciate any info, nothing to be sorry about.Much worse is to keep the  mouth shut and let the fellow enthusiast have wrong parts in his set.Thanks again.

I dug through some of my old AK parts and found this pointer. It was off an AK set from the same era. May be a little longer but would be easy to trim. You can have it and any label scans I find.

Attached Files Image(s)