Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A cone crack - what is the best quick repair?

Single layer of small strip(s) of tissue paper soaked in diluted Elmer's white glue (50:50) applied both sides, but just wide enough to bond the crack/tear without unduly stiffening a large area.  Also, take a cotton swap in warm water to "pre-wet" the tear edges (both sides) for a better bond the to the dry cone.

Chuck

I bought contact cement today, did three layers on each side...will see how it behave.

There is this great tutorial for speaker repair that someone posted but I cant remember the name........

Oh I know ... ME!  Icon_lol

That was before I knew about Syls tutorials.

http://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread...l#pid64287

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

There is a glue for replacing speaker surrounds that is just right. For a small tear, artist's rubber cement is fine, although the days of paste up artists has passed, good luck getting it a reasonable pricel

Kirk

The problem is.....I drink ESPRESSO!!!!

With beer?

Why am I even bothering to ask  Icon_lol

Wait, beer before espresso makes quite the messo

Espresso before beer you're in the clear!

Just made that timeless quote up..

As of 1/01/2021

think some one is still on happy pills

Exactly.

Happy pils. Which one is that, The Bud? (it is an unhappy pils for me, I prefer Czech)

I used service cement for years but the last couple years I have been using products made by Springfield speaker repair. A lot of guys that do Hi-Fi speaker repair use their CSA and rubber cements. I finally gave them a try and found that they work very well.

You prefer Czech's,
I prefer ca$h.
But I'll take a Czech no matter how much it's written for!  Icon_lolno

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

Note to self:

Check for a check for Czech beer. Check!

On any speaker repair that I have done ,I used'' Pliabond''  It is made by Goodyear and it never gets hard.
        I am not sure where you can get it .. I get mine at Home Hardwar.