Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chasis make overs

When restoring cabinets I like to redo the guts because most of what I get is rusted or in poor shape. I can buy them for a lot less money and that goes for the cabinet to. I enjoy repairing, and restoreing these radios, its no challenge for me if there not all jacked up.. But I do have my limatations .

Attached Files Image(s)

We all can see the pride and energy you have put into these restorations. It's a great hobby!

(01-05-2015, 01:56 AM)Fred Taylor Wrote:         When restoring cabinets I like to redo the guts because most of what I get is rusted or in poor shape. I can buy them for a lot less money and that goes for the cabinet to. I enjoy repairing, and restoreing these radios, its no challenge for me if there not all jacked up.. But I do have my limatations .

What kind of paint are you using to paint the Zenith chassis?

(01-05-2015, 07:28 AM)fields 100 Wrote:  
(01-05-2015, 01:56 AM)Fred Taylor Wrote:         When restoring cabinets I like to redo the guts because most of what I get is rusted or in poor shape. I can buy them for a lot less money and that goes for the cabinet to. I enjoy repairing, and restoreing these radios, its no challenge for me if there not all jacked up.. But I do have my limatations .

I first use  automotive self  etching primer/sealer  and then believe  it or not Krylon hammered copper color for top coat.

(01-05-2015, 09:18 AM)Fred Taylor Wrote:  
(01-05-2015, 07:28 AM)fields 100 Wrote:  

I first use  automotive self  etching primer/sealer  and then believe  it or not Krylon hammered copper color for top coat.
Thanks Fred,

It sure looks like a real thing, not hammered paint, which is good.

The very first is an AK.
Without the RF chassis (lucky you!) Icon_lol