Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My first bakelite radio!

I got an Airline 14-BR 513B today and she is pretty!
No back and a small crack but she is a great looking design.

No way she is working so a full redo underneath should hopefully help....next spring, lol

Loon at that cap!

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

I see one coming to you mike  Icon_wink

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Nice! I have the white version of that radio and it is a neat set. Only issue with it is that it has a hum we were never able to get rid of, even with a full recap and checking everything under the chassis.

No matter where you go, there you are.

When I am done with her, I'll be lucky if she hums at all, lol

Good observation Sam... Mike is MIA while he works on my silvertone 45 rat chassis Icon_smile

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

Boy Kirk you are a slave driver poor mike 
Get him an easy one for a change

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

(01-12-2015, 11:56 PM)sam Wrote:  Boy Kirk you are a slave driver poor mike 
Get him an easy one for a change

EASY ONE!

I have given him 6 chassis all perfectly cleaned and recapped. Then if they don't work, he gets them.
I dont see him stripping the cabinets before he gives them to me. He is lucky I like him and like doing the cabinets.  That silvertone is a hard one for sure....

Dont worry, I have a bunch of chassis for next time, Muahahahaha!  Icon_twisted

Where the heck are you Mike?? get off ebay and respond.  Icon_lol

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

If I could strip and veneer cabinets why would I give them to you! Icon_twisted Icon_mrgreen

What do you want me to say? I did not get any questions.

Nice radio.
If you want me to look at it I will.
Right now I am fretting about that new house of mine, on-going repairs (found a leak in the shower behind a wall while putting new hardwood floong) and upcoming move....I haven't touched a radio in 3 weeks.

(01-13-2015, 09:34 PM)morzh Wrote:  If I could strip and veneer cabinets why would I give them to you! Icon_twisted Icon_mrgreen

What do you want me to say? I did not get any questions.

Nice radio.
If you want me to look at it I will.
Right now I am fretting about that new house of mine, on-going repairs (found a leak in the shower behind a wall while putting new hardwood flooring)  and upcoming move....I haven't touched a radio in 3 weeks.

I knew that would get you on here!!  Icon_lol

Sorry about the leak, I had the exact same issue and had to cut out the soffit as water poured over my ladder onto my patio. UGH! STOOPIT re-bath

Hope the move doesn't kill you.... at least until I get my chassis back  Icon_lol

If you need help, Sam is always available  Icon_mrgreen

I will be moving next tuesday, Wohoo!

Take care Mike  Icon_thumbup

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

By moving you mean bringing radios from the garage to the house?
Icon_mrgreen

Well, good, movevis that final straw that will make you happy if it doesn't kill you first Icon_lol

(01-13-2015, 10:24 PM)morzh Wrote:  By moving you mean bringing radios from the garage to the house?
Icon_mrgreen

Well, good, movevis that final straw that will make you happy if it doesn't kill you first Icon_lol

Actually ..... yes,  Icon_lol

More radios than furniture, clothes, kitchen goods, linens etc......

I would hire someone but they would not be nearly as careful with them as they should be.  Icon_e_surprised

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

Careful? With THOSE? Why? Icon_mrgreen

Icon_problem Boy I get toss into every thing
But I would help mike   I seen his garage  Icon_thumbup

mafiamen2

(01-13-2015, 10:46 PM)morzh Wrote:  Careful? With THOSE? Why? Icon_mrgreen

Butt head... remember your fat cabinet is here so you may want me to be careful  Icon_lol

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

Fat? It is a measly 38-6 cabinet. Ha-ha!

Is that one made by Belmont?

Paul

Tubetalk1