Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My new American Bosch 460R console

I could not pass it up for $30.00 and it will be beautiful all restored. I hope...

Veneer is terrible and the speaker is missing as well as one knob. Dont know how I am going to find a speaker for it.

Here are some pics:

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Congrats on the find. I know you can bring back the cabinet to new look.
Not sure how hard it will be to find speaker for it.

Congratulations. Be patient. Should be a good one w/7 tubes. Here's yours schematic.

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByModel...022288.pdf

That is a beauty!  American Bosch made some handsome sets.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Kirk,
  At least it looks like the majority of the veneer is still there and undamaged, so some patient and judicious use of a hypodermic needle, bar clamps, and large gluing blocks covered in plastic should make it right again. Of course this will take a lot of time, and you will probably have to take the cabinet apart to reglue most of it, but it is feasible. Fixing the veneer around the speaker grill will be the most difficult part in terms of getting the grain to match without it looking like an obvious patch.
  As for the speaker American Bosch was a smaller company so they more then likely bought speakers from an outside supplier like Magnavox, Utah, Jensen, Lansing, Rolla, or Quam, or what have you. I think they liked Magnavox speakers, at least the Canadian Northern Electric made clones liked Magnavox in some years.
Regards
Arran

come on kirk
STOP buying radios !!!
buy some furniture so me and mike can sit down  Icon_eh
sam 

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

sit on a console Icon_lol

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6