Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Zenith Transoceanic battery-opinion

Hi Guys,
I am finishing up my A600 Transoceanic and once it is finished it will be for sale. My question is whether I should go through the trouble to build a battery pack(these batteries are no longer available) or just sell it to run on A/C. The battery pack will cost me about $45.00 to construct plus the cost of 10 9 volt and 4 D cell batteries.
What do you think? Since it will not be an original battery, will it still be important to a buyer/collector?

Thanks,

Eric
Lake in the Hills, IL
Member: Philco Phorum, ARF, ARCI & Radiomuseum.org

eric
I don`t think it would be worth it to make battery
would increase 50. to 75. more for radio
as most don`t play them often or ones that do have batteries play very little from what I seen
sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

If your intent is just to fix this T.O up for resale I think that making a battery pack for it is a waste of time. I don't think it would add much, if any value, to a 600 series T.O, those seem to be among the most common tube T.O models you can find. Since these were all so called "three way" portables most people would just operate them from a line cord, if they wanted one that would be practical to run from batteries they can always pick up a later transistor model T.O. 
Regards
Arran

Unless you want to sell the battery you make for a profit.
But: You cannot be sure that whosoever buys it will want the battery.
And: this whosoever can buy a battery from people who build and sell them should he ever want it.

Icon_thumbup Thanks guys. I tend to agree with all of you.

Eric
Lake in the Hills, IL
Member: Philco Phorum, ARF, ARCI & Radiomuseum.org