Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My latest radio

My latest radio I bought today at an estate sale  is a Rogers Majestic console model 7M932.
It's all original.. I just have to clean the cabinet. recap the radio and add the station letters.
  it sound easy but it will take some time..

Attached Files Image(s)

Gorgeous looking set.

Dan, you certainly have a knack for finding unique and beautiful consoles... Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Beautifully sculpted! You certainly have a nice one.

Nice dial on that radio..Have not seen one of those before......Nice find!

Thanks for the comments.. I have it recapped and it is playing good.. I am looking for the instructions for setting up the automatic tuning. .. 
  I paid a little more than I usually do for this one but  I like it. 

Double wow Icon_razz

Well I got this radio all recapped and cleaned up.. now it plays very good and after cleaning the cabinet it looks like new. I installed a phono jack for an MP3.  Sure looks nice when lit up in the dark.

Attached Files Image(s)

That's a beauty!

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Egads, Dan!!! That set is ELEGANT.

Icon_sick This is me green with envy. Nice radio, really cleaned up nice. Joe

Joe Bratcher near Louisville, KY

Can you share the method you used to clean the cabinet?

This cabinet was in excellent condition when I bought the radio. It was the best that I have ever seen ,on a radio that old. Because  of the condition of the radio I paid more than I have ever paid for a radio.
  I cleaned the whole cabinet with gojo cream. I rubbed it into every crevice on the cabinet.  then wipe it down with a damp  rag. I then buffed it with a soft cloth.. After it was dry I gave the whole cabinet a coating of Trade Secret.
   It is a scratch filler and it hides the small imperfections that develop in a radio of this age.  I use a small cloth and apply it just by rubbing it all over. I usually leave the trade Secret on a few minutes and then wipe the whole cabinet down with a clean rag..
  That is all I did with this one

Attached Files Image(s)

Living in Calgary Alberta

Hay Dan the radio looks great, Icon_clap how does it sound Icon_question Can u pick up 770 kaam radio in Dallas Icon_crazy they play a lot of old music and on Sunday night music from the big band era. Icon_thumbup  Buy the way can hook me up with a set of semantics for my deforest/ crosley , I am going to start restoration on it here very soon maybe next week . Send me a PM and well go from there ok. I for got the model # but will get back to you with it, its at the shop and im at home right now. Heres a picture of the deforest from Canada .

Attached Files Image(s)

Fred ,, I can email you the schematics, if I have the model number.  Since I live in Calgary Alberta Canada, I can't pick up any stations in Dallas, it is a little too far away from me.
 Here is one that I finished a while ago, a very similar model.

Attached Files Image(s)

Living in Calgary Alberta