Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Finihes the Rogers 7M932

I finally got this one recapped and replaced all the crumbling wires. I had to replace every wire going to the eye tube. Originally it had a 6X6 eye tube but  there was an adaptor for a 6e5 so that is what I used ..The 6X6 tubes are about $90.00  so I opted  for the 6e5 instead. It has all rogers tubes except for the 6F6 output.
It will be one more of my keepers.

Attached Files Image(s)

WOW that's really nice
Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap
sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Here's a tip, save the 6E5 for something else plug a 1629 tube in there, it's the same pinout as a 6X6 but with one shadow. Yes it's got a 12.6 volt heater but on a strong testing tube it will still work, and it will probably live longer at near half the voltage. I have a Deforest Crosley Elgar that someone butchered to put a 6U5/6G5 socket in it, and mickey moused a 5Y4 rectifier in it, eventually it's getting swapped back to using an octal eye tube socket salvaged from another Rogers product, and a proper adapter for the rectifier. I don't even know where you would find a NOS 6X6 tube, but I can't imagine that many people would pay $90 for one just to have the novelty of a dual shadow eye tube.
Regards
Arran

Nice job Dan!!  Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

I do have one 1629 tube and I might just try it in there. Although I have a lot of 6e5 tubes. If the 1629 is bright enough I will use it.
    I did find a fellow in eastern Canada who has some NOS 6X6 tubes and that is what he wants for them .. He also has some 6F7M tubes and he wants a fair price for them.  None of the tube suppliers on the net have these tubes.
 Thanks for the information about the 1629  Dan 

(02-19-2015, 11:44 PM)Dan Walker Wrote:     I finally got this one recapped and replaced all the crumbling wires. I had to replace every wire going to the eye tube. Originally it had a 6X6 eye tube but  there was an adaptor for a 6e5 so that is what I used ..The 6X6 tubes are about $90.00  so I opted  for the 6e5 instead. It has all rogers tubes except for the 6F6 output.
It will be one more of my keepers.

Truly a work of art!  Beautiful job!

Craig R.

(02-20-2015, 09:40 AM)Dan Walker Wrote:     I do have one 1629 tube and I might just try it in there. Although I have a lot of 6e5 tubes. If the 1629 is bright enough I will use it.
    I did find a fellow in eastern Canada who has some NOS 6X6 tubes and that is what he wants for them .. He also has some 6F7M tubes and he wants a fair price for them.  None of the tube suppliers on the net have these tubes.
 Thanks for the information about the 1629  Dan 

As yet I haven't owned a set that was equiped with a 6F7M nor had a need for a 6F7M. To be honest I had to look it up as I've never seen one, it was a pentode-triode tube designed and manufactured by Rogers Tube LTD., why I can't say, but I think it may have been intended for use as a combination IF amplifier and first audio since the pentode sections always seem to be used as an IF amp. Apparently you can either use a 6B8 or a 6P7 with some minor rewiring, depending on the application, often it looks like they would tie the plate and cathode together in the triode and use it as an AVC diode so a 6B8 or 6B8G will work. If lets say he wanted something nuts like $50 each for a 6F7M a rewire or a plug in adapter would be good enough for most.
Regards
Arran

Wow it REALLY came out beautiful! I like it!!

Great job!!! Really like the look of the dial scale and tuner.