Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Stromberg Carlson

today a fiend called, said he had a present for my birthday.
Fom his descrition it was a tube console.

Right not I need one like a hole in the head, but he's a friend and this is a tube radio.
Accoring to him, some old guyvwas moving out and was about to put it to the curb.

I came, we had a couple of beers, then I saw the radio. A big console. Clearly refinished, very shiny.
When I came homebI asked my wife to help, and, sure enough, she dropped it. Not much damage, some veneer around the rear edge.

Anyway, It has manual and all in the top compartment under the lid. Says it is a SK.
Put it in the new house's garage for now.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

you had a couple of beers.... you are slurring your words Mike Icon_lol

Pictures?

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

No pics for now, all I wanted was to pull it out and put it in the garage. It was cold and I just wanted to get back home.
Später.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Cold?

Put on some pants, Icon_lol

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

COLD Icon_eek
you go swimming in freezing water
and you wear t shirt and shorts  Icon_crazy
sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

It was 9pm and I was tired, after two beers and a bag of chips, having to come and haul the radio....

Saw it today. Yes I'd rather not have that veneer damage, but what's done is done,, the rest of the cabinet is nice.
Nice looking radio. As most SKs are.

Hey Sam, you stink at replying to PM's

As of 1/01/2021

You three sound like Matt Dillon, Chester and Doc Adams picking at each other. Icon_lol

[Image: http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/f...1e7183.jpg]

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

(03-03-2015, 01:19 PM)Ron Ramirez Wrote:  You three sound like Matt Dillon, Chester and Doc Adams picking at each other. Icon_lol

I was thining more along the lines of Festus than Chester, but we'll let the three Amigos decide who's who in their line-up  Icon_mrgreen

[Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...e_1974.JPG]

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Icon_lol  all in good fun ron Icon_problem  ya ya good fun Icon_thumbup
we all know kirk is not doc seen the way he butcher's chassis Icon_e_surprised
sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

We've been watching Gunsmoke on DVD, in Living Black-and-White, off and on over the past year or two. We just finished Season Eight, which included an episode in which Ken Curtis makes his first appearance as Festus, before he became a regular on the series.

Everytime I see Morzh Mike, Sam and Kirk start picking at each other, I can't help but think of Matt, Chester and Doc... Icon_wink

And I agree, we should leave it to them as to who is who. Icon_lol

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hey Ron
Your doing better than I! I got up to season 5 or so watching Gunsmoke online. Didn't get to see Ken Curtis in color in reruns as I remember KC the first time around. I've been told that sometimes Chester forget which leg to limp on. It's not a natural limp.
Terry

Terry

When I was a child, Gunsmoke was one of the many Westerns my father watched every week. By the time I was old enough to remember, Chester was gone and Festus had taken his place.

So when we started buying Gunsmoke DVDs, we began at the beginning and so I finally saw the shows with Chester for the first time. The first six seasons were 30 minute episodes, instead of the 60 minute episodes of season 7 and later.

From what I have read, Dennis Weaver (who played Chester) taped up his right knee so he couldn't bend it, to give the appearance of a permanent limp on the show. In the DVD episodes I have seen, Weaver (Chester) always limps on the right leg, never the left.

Okay, now that we have completely gone away from the original subject of this topic... Icon_redface Morzh Mike, come on in and straighten us out, eh!

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Вот я вас! Ух!

Where's my #14 Griswold skillet!