Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Resistor values question

i am snowed in today so I am re-capping a Tradio for my uncle. I have a resistor with a brown body, yellow stripe, red stripe , red stripe. I only have the list for body, end , dot.
Where can I get the one for these and what is its value?

Thanks guys

Kirk

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Looks like 220K. red-red-yellow= 22x10,000 = 220,000 Ohm = 220K.

measure it first, see if it is in the vicinity.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Thanks, I now have grey, red, brown with a 10% tolerance. That is 8200 ohms?

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

820 Ω.

You may want to download this link. It has a lot of good information. Resistor codes are on Page 73.

http://www.vacuumtubeera.net/Allied-EDH.pdf

There are many more resistor tables available on the web in color.

Ok,
 Another question...

The electrolytic is 40,30,20, where do the negatives go? To ground? Mike! You needto yeah me to read these D**n schematics  Icon_evil

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByModel...021846.pdf

As of 1/01/2021

Icon_lol mike
theirs another one you will fix  told ya he`s not doc holiday

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

geez dude I ain't saying you gotta be able to read all that noodly stuff but cain't ya see the negative (common for all three) goes to the S1 switch or possibly a wire coming from it somewhere on some solder post? Icon_mrgreen

BTW don't call them 40, 30, 20 as on the sch they are C8, A, B and C sections. This is called reference designator and those are for referring to the parts.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Say what? Icon_lol

??

As of 1/01/2021

psst mike
when talking to kirk
you have to put it into colors red crayon to here. green crayon to here and all the black crayons go together here Icon_thumbup

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

S. Reads as "a**". Well, since the censor corercts it, it is another word for a Donkey.
1. reads as "Juan".

S1. "a** Juan".

Switch. You know. The clicky do-hickey. Makes clicking sound and connects Mains to your radio.

let me know the level of decomposing, I will oblige.

Icon_mrgreen Icon_lol mua-ha-ha-ha.......

Ok well I am looking and I don't see a direct wire to the switch. Can I just run the negatives to the chassis ground?

As of 1/01/2021

No, they are NOT to the chassis.

Again, look at the power switch (probably coupled with your volume?).

One wire goes to the power cord, another should go to the filaments' string AND to the negative of these caps.
This is NOT a hot chassis radio, and the chassis is coupled into that negative via a capacitor C16. BTW one pin of that C16 is on the chassis and another is on that negative plus power switch plus filaments.

Yeah, I didn't get that Icon_cry

What does it mean when it says "can is common negative? That's what the can has on it. Maybe it is not that schematic? This radio is not marked so I was going by the picture.

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

I think I found it!
Wire running from the cans twisted piece that hold the can down running to a terminal strip!

Hope that is it?

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

why don`t you show a pic of chassis to help you

mafiamen2