Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

It makes nooooo sense!

I am working on another Tradio right now and I am having issues.

It is finished electronically and plays great Buuuuuuut when I put it back in the cabinet it loses reception. The cabinet is the antenna and the chassis has to be floating from the cabinet. If I play with the 35L6 it gets reception but then loses it. I move it back and forth and it come in and goes out. I have cleaned the pins and the socket but it is not helping. If I get it in the right position it will stay on. Then when I go and close the back it loses reception every time. Why is closing the back making a radios volume disappear?

What the hocke stix is going wrong? Tube is good so I don't know what to do!

And suggestions?

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

If it is a frame antenna (a loop), your reception depends on orientation. See if turning radio around its axis gets the recption.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

It gets the reception but once I go to put the back cover on it disappears. The back touches nothing but the cabinet which should make the reception better, not worse.. quite odd

Plus there is the issue of having to tilt the 35L6 to the speaker to get reception too.

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

What radio is it? One of those coin ones? Photos?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Have you tried a different 35L6?  Have seen them with intermittent heater. If this doesn't help try crimping the socket connections.
Terry