Ferdinand IN

. . . works on so many levels . . . . .

8)  

Awkward Icon_lol

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

As we say in Russian, awkward is when sleeping on the ceiling, the blanket keeps falling off Icon_smile

The rest is just fine.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I will say that early Admiral sets don't show up very often. I'm not quite sure when they started. Most of the ones I've seen are post war and mostly bakelite.  Was listening to some WWII news reports and low and behold in was sponsored by Admiral. They where advertising a console/radio/phono. Your set looks like it's from the mid to late '30s.
Terry

Continental Radio and Television was the forerunner of the post war "Admiral Corporation", they were like Wells Gardener in that they mostly built private label radios for store chains. The pre war Admirals I have seen had an oval brass plaque nailed to the front panel that said "Admiral" with absolutely no mention of the name on the dial, but it would say CR & T on the data plate on the chassis somewhere.
Regards
Arran

Arran

How big is your head? There is no way all that knowledge can fit in a human head. I'm lucky if I can remember my kids names and you can explain pretty much anything with the history behind it.

You are a pretty fart smella.... I mean smart fella, Icon_lol

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Hmmmm...no 'disheveled' lady when I click the link.  All I get is the Knight A9871.  Did you notice the patent plate on the back?  It has Admiral Electric Corporation... Joe

CORRECTION: But I blame the low resolution photo.   Icon_crazy   Found a better one on-line, it says General Electric.  I should have known better... Icon_redface  Joe

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

(03-19-2015, 04:37 PM)OldRestorer Wrote:  Ok so I saw this just listed and thought it was really nice so I hit BIN.

I went back and scrutinized the pics and realized the grill was horribly repaired in many places. Also the dial was painted by what looks like a 5 year old. The desc. said noting and there was no close up of the grill.

I know I should have looked better before buying it but I went by the description. 

Now I dont feel it is worth almost $200.00

I emailed him for grill pics but do you guys thing this radio is worth $200.00 as it is?

I know,  if I like it then it is worth it. I was probably gonna resell it after restoring it so  Is it worth the money.

Kirk

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Admiral-3-Band-T...1c4fe98298
 I would have not payed that price maybe 60$, The colors on the dial looks like they had blended together throughout the years and become blurred, I had a delco dial with that same problem, order a reproduction.

(03-22-2015, 07:09 AM)OldRestorer Wrote:  Arran

How big is your head? There is no way all that knowledge can fit in a human head. I'm lucky if I can remember my kids names and you can explain pretty much anything with the history behind it.

You are a pretty fart smella.... I mean smart fella, Icon_lol

Kirk

Kirk;
  If you think I'm bad you should try talking to Allan Douglas, the author of at least three more very excellent books on antique radio manufacturers, other then our esteemed host. I just wish there was someone who would write comparable books about Canadian radio manufacturers. Besides that I learned that detail about Continental Radio and Television from the alternative forum, there is some useful stuff on there sometimes if you can sift through endless threads about 6X5 tubes, and clueless people asking how much their particleboard 1973 Electrophonic Eight track cabinet stereo is worth.
Regards
Arran