Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Truetone D 2616

Good Morning 
I have a Truetone D2616 actually I have two of them, one looks pristine the other I'm trying to restore. My question concerns T2 a 90 ohm coil. In the one it is missing and in it's place is a 1meg resistor Why would someone do that? I can wind one but is it necessary for it to look like the picture with 4 coils or can I make 1? I have hopefully posted the picture correctly?

Eric,

It would help more if you gave the link to the sch.

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/Resources/760/M0023760.htm

Looks like a part of AVC circuit.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Morzh
My apologies I went to Nostalgia and found the print copied it then got caught up trying to attach the picture and forgot to paste the link. The one in the picture reads 85 ohms I'm making a form now just wondering why the 4 segments? Any electrical reason to do this?
Eric

Hi Eric
What you have a RF choke not so much a tuned inductor. As Mike sez it's in the avc circuit. It's used to couple the small amount of voltage from the ant though the input tuning down to the avc buss Most sets would have a high value resistor there. Is it open?? If not I would mess with it.
Terry

(03-30-2015, 10:48 AM)Radioroslyn Wrote:  Hi Eric
What you have a RF choke not so much a tuned inductor. As Mike sez it's in the avc circuit. It's used to couple the small amount of voltage from the ant though the input tuning down to the avc buss Most sets would have a high value resistor there. Is it open?? If not I would mess with it.
Terry

Terry
 In the one radio it is Missing. They have in its place a 1 meg resistor. So unless you tell me different I'll leave the resistor in place.
Eric

Should be fine either way.
Terry

I also think it should be fine.
They could've tried to defeat some signal that today might not even be there.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.