Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

One more Rogers console

I actually bought this last month , but I just received it.
  it is a 1936 Rogers  model 6R932.  Someone had started to strip it and the marks on top are where they set down the can containing stripper.. I do have all the knobs and the cover for the tuning light.
    After I recap it and do the cabinet  it will be a keeper because these Rogers cabinet's are very nice ,made with
real wood..

Attached Files Image(s)

a good looking SOB, for sure, and not too low in tube count, has potential.
Good find, congrats.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

(04-04-2015, 10:18 AM)Dan Walker Wrote:     I actually bought this last month , but I just received it.
  it is a 1936 Rogers  model 6R932.  Someone had started to strip it and the marks on top are where they set down the can containing stripper.. I do have all the knobs and the cover for the tuning light.
    After I recap it and do the cabinet  it will be a keeper because these Rogers cabinet's are very nice ,made with
real wood..
Nice looking radio , that's going to beautiful when your finished post pictures when done

Wow Dan, that has some lovely wood and a chassis that should be a great performer. We all wish to follow your restoration.
Best, Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Very nice wood grain patterns on cabinet. Bet that dial will look sharp lit up in the dark. Good luck.

Mike your right great wood grain on the cabinet. I have not seen or heard one of these radios in person though. Hope it turns out great!

The dial is the same as the Rogers 10-12, but the tube count is only nine compared the 10-12 which has twelve.
It will be a while before I get to the cabinet, as we are getting about 4 inches of snow today.
I will post photos as I go along. someone has been in the chassis and did a bad job of soldering and the work is quit sloppy.. I have checked it over and fired it up and it picks up stations all across the dial, so everything is there and working. After the caps and the bias cell it should perform quite well.. All of my Rogers set have a very nice sound. The more I work on these Rogers sets the easier it gets

Dan, 4" of snow? We are about ready to turn on the A/C! Where the heck do you live?
Jerry

I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Love their dialscales, definitely a different approach that appeared decades later during the stereo receiver wars of the 70's....

Mike

Cossor 3468
GE 417A
Philco 118H
Radiola 17/100
Scott 800B6
Silvertone 6130
Stromberg 535M
Truetone D1952

Dan, a lovely city and visited many times for work in the summer mostly. You might add that to your location in your profile.
Best, Jerry

I have this Rogers all recapped . All that is left to do is the cabinet.
      Here are some photos of one of the cardboard boxes that contained three caps. The radio did work with this in it.
        The dial scale is in very good condition and now the radio plays very good.

Attached Files Image(s)

Living in Calgary Alberta

Well here it is so far, all stripped with a coat of sealer and Mohawk dark walnut on the bottom and  the top sides.
 This one should come out nice.
    Every console I restore is my favorite , until the next one comes along, but this one really has some nice quality wood and I can't wait until it is finished
   I will post more photos when it is done.

Attached Files Image(s)

Living in Calgary Alberta

Looking really great. Thanks for posting the pictures.
Jerry

WOW Icon_eek
now that is one hellva nice radio Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup Icon_clap
sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2