Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Poor poor little National HRO Senior L76

Hey Terry, don't mess with breathing those fumes. You can get a respirator at most hardware stores for about $35. See http://m.acehardware.com/product/index.j...Id=1287709

Terry,

You didn't lug that SP-600 in the foreground home too did you? I have two SP-600s and a rack mount HRO-M with a full set of 9 coils. I have recapped one of the SP-600s and should finish it up shortly. The HRO-M had its power supply recapped at one point and I think there were a couple of caps replaced under the receiver chassis also. It works fine now but I will go through it completely when I get the chance. Between the two receivers I like the HRO over the SP-600 for tuning in SSB on the ham bands even though I don't have bandspread coils for it. You'll have fun with the HRO when it's done.

Sean
WØKPX

Didn't grab the SP-600. Had one years ago Those thing are heavy plus I've got too many anchors. Did get a 75A2 which I was very surprised that it has excellent audio and it came with the 270G speaker/service manual. The PTO needs some work as the endpoints are way off. The 75A2 hangs around with it's friends two R-390A's and a 51J4. A buddy just gave me an All-Star Jr. 1935 kit SW receiver 5 tubes with 2 plugin coils for each band.

Tnx for the encouragement on the HRO! It's an old one that uses standard tubes and round IF cans. Have wanted one for a long time. Hopefully I'll get started on the chassis this week. Needs a good cleaning and maybe some paint. All the paper caps have been replaced years ago. So going to check all the resistors and replace a little bit of wire, the grid leads are cracked up. It too has friends to hang with, a bunch of SW-3's, FB-7,NC-100X, NC-200, NC-173. Gotta luv that black wrinkle!

Terry N3GTE
ps Don't for get the paper caps inside the IF cans HaHa.

(04-27-2015, 09:04 AM)Radioroslyn Wrote:  ps Don't for get the paper caps inside the IF cans HaHa.

Do you mean in the SP-600?  Oh yeah I got those.  I had two that were pretty much dead shorts that brought the B+ down and took a couple of resistors with them.  Those were a piece of cake to replace.  Now the RF deck was another story.  This one had mice in it at one time.  The RF deck was so corroded I had to replace 3 of the 4 tube sockets and the antenna connector.  I had to take a butane torch to a few of the screws to get them loose.  Also had to repair the hexagonal shaft in the turret assembly because it broke.  This was an early SP-600 JX model.  The other one is a JX21 in much nicer condition.

My HRO-M also has the shouldered tubes (although 6V versions) but it has the square IF cans.  I would have preferred the table top amateur version but this one was local.

Sean
KB0OVD

Some pic's!
Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

More pic's
Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

The cabinet looks good Terry, have you considered a job with Earl Scheib Icon_biggrin 

[Image: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z...~60_35.JPG]

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

wow john that's old  never did figure out how he could paint so cheep

very nice paint job terry Icon_thumbup Icon_clap Icon_clap
sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

I remember those 29.95 ads so i guess that makes me pretty old!!!

Me too Bob! There was one on RT 611 (Broad ST) going into center city Philly. Saw it maybe 10yrs ago. It was $129.95 then...
Haven't had a chance to have a look at the chassis as work has been keeping me busy. That's a good thing, I work on commission. Like steak rather than soup. Between work and that D**n Lyme Disease no time for the HRO. But the weekend is coming!!!!
Terry

Excellent job on the cabinet. I can't wait to see it all put back together.

Sean
WØKPX

Neither can I ! Want to do some band cruise-in. 12 feet of bandspread on each the ham band. Beats the heck out of an Command set!
Terry

Haven't forgotten the HRO but just busy with life, Ktown junk,and daughter graduating HS. Need to move stuff around so I can work on it on the dining room table. (Don't do much  fine dining anyway) Will get back to it after Emily's graduation.
ps I've got another one coming, HRO not daughter (really I don't know why!!!!) It's '39 or so model and it has one of the two BCB coil sets.
Will keep yous guys posted.
Terry

Terry 
Just move up to counter top plenty room still  Icon_eek
Or you can make your shed like kirks  Icon_think
Yep you two can be twins Icon_e_surprised
Sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Well Sam you would be proud of me. In the back room where the cat stuff is now has shelves in it. Built those last week. So you can walk around  a bit. Problem is now I can't get to the light switch. GRRRRR!
Terry