Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Beautiful Deforest console

Here's another purchase from Sargent's auction. Here we have a Deforest/ Crosley (Canadian )  model 6d-932 and will be a show stopper when I get done with it Icon_eek

Attached Files Image(s)

(05-11-2015, 08:01 PM)Fred Taylor Wrote:  Here's another purchase from Sargent's auction. Here we have a Deforest/ Crosley (Canadian )  model 6d-932 and will be a show stopper when I get done with it Icon_eek

That actually looks like it's in pretty decent original condition. In all honesty it looks like all that it needs is a touch up, and maybe a light sanding with a top coat of clear lacquer at most. The brand name was Deforest-Crosley, and they were manufactured by Rogers-Majestic Ltd in Toronto. In case you are wondering, it's a 1936 model, with nine tubes, and three bands (I think). Most of these sets had fancy names rather then model numbers, the 6D-932 is the chassis number, the model name may be stamped or stenciled on the inside of the cabinet, possibly on the chassis shelf.
The cabinet will be the least of your worries, like 1939-42 Philco sets, and Atwater Kents, Rogers liked to use rubber/gutta perch covered wire, and hand wired circuit boards with weird 1/3 Watt resistors (BED coded) with spade terminals.
Regards
Arran