Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Airline console 62-101

Here's an Airline that I picked up for a mere 25$ Stunning cabinet design that will get your attention . Once restored to new condition this radio will make you look twice and stop. Then you will say to yourself what a master piece , they don't make um like that anymore Icon_eek.   

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice that you are local and can get the consoles with no shipping headaches. I wonder who made that Airline? Is there a tip off in the model# or a reference somewhere like with Silvertones that sez who was the factory? There were some very good quality Airline sets made by "Name Brand" outfits.

Paul

Tubetalk1

(05-12-2015, 08:55 AM)Paul Philco322 Wrote:  Nice that you are local and can get the consoles with no shipping headaches. I wonder who made that Airline? Is there a tip off in the model# or a reference somewhere like with Silvertones that sez who was the factory? There were some very good quality Airline sets made by "Name Brand" outfits.

Paul

Hay Paul, the model # on silvertone is 62-101, I did real good at Sargents auction last Saturday. Then last night I got on craigs list to look around and someone posted a at water kent model 84 that was an hour old and 15 minute drive away. Got it at 10.00pm 75$. How about that for luck. Here,s a few pics of it

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice scores Fred, I really like the Airline.  Looks like you need a dial for the AK 84, Mark Oppat sells those:

http://www.oldradioparts.net/dials1.html

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Fred where in h--l did you find that beautiful console for that crazy price? Wish I was there.