Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tradio restoration Chronicles

I figured a new topic was in order for the restorations so here it is.

15 Tradios recapped and working. 7 Tradios not working. 6 Tradios with good cabinets and working. 9 Tradios need cabinet restoration.

I have started blasting and it is going better now. I blasted and primed this one below and it will get its new almost perfect matched color today!

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Looks like my HRO paint job. Just getting ready to start reassemble.
Nice job!
Terry

looks like a RCA 95ts or 96ts in the back of that Van,,,,,wow,,,really nice lot who bought,,,wish you well with it all,,,very nice work

Thanks boys.

I got to painting yesterday and gave the cabinet a few coats of the hammered paint like the original.

She came out fantastic looking. It says to wait 48 hours for curing Icon_rolleyes

I need to go get more blasting media to do some prep work on all the other cabinets.

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021

I HATE Sandblasting. HATE.....

Every time I do it, Something goes wrong. First I bought fine sand and the nmachine could not handle it. Then I bought slag and it worked but it shot out too much at a time. Finally got it right and then ran out of it. Got more today and started ok. Then Moisture clogged the darn thing. I had to empty it and now have to wait for it to dry out. Another day wasted!

Grrrrrrrrrr.

Kirk  Icon_mad

As of 1/01/2021

(05-31-2015, 10:26 AM)OldRestorer Wrote:  I HATE Sandblasting. HATE.....

Every time I do it, Something goes wrong. First I bought fine sand and the nmachine could not handle it. Then I bought slag and it worked but it shot out too much at a time. Finally got it right and then ran out of it. Got more today and started ok. Then Moisture clogged the darn thing. I had to empty it and now have to wait for it to dry out. Another day wasted!

Grrrrrrrrrr.

Kirk  Icon_mad

Kirk;
  As I told you so, you are doing things the hard way. Go back to the thread on the clubhouse phorum where we were discussing rust and paint stripping by electrolysis. All you need are some cheap household chemicals, scrap metal, a low voltage DC power supply, and some water, that's it. Unlike blasting you don't have to worry about running out of media to blast with, or it getting dull, in fact you can use it until the water and baking/washing solution fouls which takes a long time.
Regards
Arran

Arran,

what is it that you don't get about Kirk? Do you really expect the guy with all the injuries (and those only the ones we know of) to NOT do things the hard way? Icon_lol
He is not looking for easy ways in this life.  Icon_thumbup

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I see some thing bad gona happen

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Already did,
I was blasting and the coal got under my bandage. I went to shower and had to rip off all the skin to get it out.
That didnt hurt............ Icon_cry

Yes Mike, I showered, Icon_lol

Arran, I dont want to invest any more money in these so if this does not work I will just hand sand them from now on. I'm not afraid to go old school. Icon_wink

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

Why is it that I am not surprised......

Coal? Why coal? The sand is supposed to be ... not to be coal. And in any case it was probably safer to leave it in, then to rip the skin off?

Dude, take a break, grow some skin, grow some ....brain Icon_lol no seriously, this self-mutilation got to stop, or I will start thinking there are other reasons for it. Icon_lol

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Mike
We must be supportive even if he only listens to the 
person(s)  In his head 

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

(06-01-2015, 06:27 PM)OldRestorer Wrote:  Arran, I dont want to invest any more money in these so if this does not work I will just hand sand them from now on. I'm not afraid to go old school. Icon_wink

Kirk

What money, the last time I set up an electrolysis tank I used a five gallon bucket, a battery charger, some scrap wire from the basement, and some scrap metal from the back yard. You can probably find everything you need, if you don't already have it, next garbage day.
Regards
Arran

But.......but that does not hurt!
Or can it? If there is a remote possibility of an injury, I think Kirk will be interested.

(06-02-2015, 08:59 AM)morzh Wrote:  But.......but that does not hurt!
Or can it? If there is a remote possibility of an injury, I think Kirk will be interested.
Mike:
 I received a mild shock once or twice by sticking my hand in the water, and touching both the cathode and and anode, whilst the power was hooked up. Maybe that give Kirk some interest?
Regards
Arran

You did that intentionally? Where was the anode and cathode? How did they end up next to water?
OK, the skeletons are stepping out of the closets now. Icon_lol
Confessions time!
Anyone else?