Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can anyone identify this radio?

Hi Guy's,
A friend of mine's mother dragged this out of her attic, and was wondering if anyone could ID it for her?
I looked it over and found no markings or ID anywhere.
Thanks,
murf

[Image: http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q509...0radio.jpg]

The styling of the cabinet and the lack of any engraving on the front panel makes me think it is a home brew. A picture of the inside might help confirm that. For some reason it seems that all the early sets I see using that style (color) of front panels are always home brews.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Yes, agree, an inside shot would be good......

From the outside I too say "homebrew." 

I was thinking about 1925.
It also has an old magnavox horn in decent condition.
Any idea what the pair is worth?
It is missing most of its tubes.
murf

On the radio maybe 40-50 depends on the condition of the innards. The Maggie horn may be worth some money depending on what model it is. Do a little internet research to find the answer.
Terry

A pic of the inside would tell more......

A home brew set would be my guess as well, both because of having no markings and because it only has two dials. Building a two dial set is simpler then a three dialer and requires fewer parts as there is at least one less tuned circuit. Some inside shots would be helpful, but I do like that marbling in the front panel.
Make sure that you bring a 9 volt battery along to test the driver on the horn, if it's good you should hear a click, if not then either the leads have a problem or the coil in the driver is shot.
Regards
Arran

Hi Guy's,
Well, I donated this one to a guy in the local club here in the twin cities area that collects and restores these.
I don't have any desire to work on these, so I found someone who would appreciate it and get it working again.
I think I will just stick with the 30's and very early 40's sets.
Seems like the market has really slowed down around here.
Anyone else finding that things have slowed down, or is it just me?
Have a great week,
murf Icon_e_smile