Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SIVERTONE 6157 CONSOLE (FINISHED)

Finished up this very nice silvertone console 6157 w eye , slide rule dial , two vertical bars and a 11 toober Icon_eek It was lacking something and that was color. I know that it didn't come that way from factory but nether did  the scratches'  and flacking clear coat, or that beautiful gold chain link grill cloth. This is not a rare or highly desirable set so I decided to give it the treatment so it can be nicer looking than factory, Cabinet has been repaired and complete custom toning was applied to give the cabinet a handsome look for the women that love fine antiquities Icon_think Inside has been given the treatment with new satin black finish that will ward off any insects that are temped to enter the cavity. Also included in this one of a kind antique radio is a fully refurbished radio, has been recapped , cleaned, lubed , and checked for any problems. New clear dial cover will be installed tomorrow and will bee completed by Friday afternoon then will be sold to pay some of my bills dew to the fact I am unemployed. Will post more pics tomorrow . Have a nice day from the big state of Icon_shh TEXAS!!!!!

Attached Files Image(s)

Just plain awesome Fred!!! Great work.

Once again you did a fine job. it looks very good, what more can I say 

Living in Calgary Alberta

I recently picked up a 10-tube Silvertone 4781 console with eye and drum style tuning dial.  The electronics are done and it works great!  All of the original Silvertone tubes were still there and tested strong.  The only weak one was the 6U5 eye tube.  Now it's up to me to do the cabinet.  If my cabinet comes out half as nice as yours I will be very pleased.  Very nice work!  I always enjoy seeing your expertise and attention to detail.

Craig R.

Wow, very nice Fred!

Crist

Really beautiful work.  I will say that when I saw the first pic I thought you had converted it into an appointment book!    Icon_lol  Joe

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

Finished except for 1 push button and station tabs , came  out real nice.

Attached Files Image(s)

Beautiful!

Crist

^^^ I'll second that!!

Craig R.

Love the dark shading.
Good job.
murf

Looks brand new. And ready for another 70 years of our radio listening pleasure!