Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1939 Stromberg Carlson 430-H Restore on YouTube

Hello Phorum:
I have started a new restoration series on a 1939 Stromberg Carlson 430-H
A link below is for anyone interested...thanks
Part 1 link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1mc8mx43eo

Dickel sure gets around for a little feller!

That Stromberg is an interesting radio.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

(06-28-2015, 12:09 AM)Eliot Ness Wrote:  Dickel sure gets around for a little feller!

That Stromberg is an interesting radio.

And all he has for it is a sore a** and half a beard...lol

lol love it poor dickel
very creative minds here Icon_clap
nice Stromberg
great to see you do more then one type of radio
keep up the great work
thanks sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

(06-28-2015, 02:48 PM)sam Wrote:  lol love it poor dickel
very creative minds here Icon_clap
nice Stromberg
great to see you do more then one type of radio
keep up the great work
thanks sam

thanks sam...keep watching...Buzz

Buzz;
  I think that someone replaced the speaker in your 430-H, the original one would have had a rectangular rear bracket holding the pole piece, field coil, and hum bucking coil, yours has one with a round bracket kind of like a Rolla or Lansing, and looks like it's painted gold so it may have come out of a Zenith or something else. The reason I think so is that the speaker cable looks like it was cut, spliced, and wrapped with friction tape. A guy on You Tube called farmall1938 has a restoration series for a 420-H which is a similar but cheaper model then your 430-H but more importantly his still has the plastic dial escutcheon that is missing from yours and the original Stromberg made speaker.
Regards
Arran

(06-29-2015, 03:03 AM)Arran Wrote:  Buzz;
  I think that someone replaced the speaker in your 430-H, the original one would have had a rectangular rear bracket holding the pole piece, field coil, and hum bucking coil, yours has one with a round bracket kind of like a Rolla or Lansing, and looks like it's painted gold so it may have come out of a Zenith or something else. The reason I think so is that the speaker cable looks like it was cut, spliced, and wrapped with friction tape. A guy on You Tube called farmall1938 has a restoration series for a 420-H which is a similar but cheaper model then your 430-H but more importantly his still has the plastic dial escutcheon that is missing from yours and the original Stromberg made speaker.
Regards
Arran

yes. its a replacement. we will look at it in part 2

Hello Phorum:

Part 2 of my 1939 Stromberg Carlson 430-H series now uploaded.
A link below is for anyone interested...thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKlToROKfCg

(06-29-2015, 08:38 AM)Buzz Wrote:  
Regards
Arran

Buzz;
  If that did come out of a Zenith you could very likely find someone willing to trade you not only a correct Stromberg Carlson speaker but maybe a 1939 Stromberg parts set for it. But at the very least it looks close enough electrically that it should work in the meantime.
Regards
Arran

Great song played on that 1959 Philco Stereo Hi-Fi ! 

Your videos are always entertaining while also being informative.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

(07-04-2015, 10:51 AM)Eliot Ness Wrote:  Great song played on that 1959 Philco Stereo Hi-Fi ! 

Your videos are always entertaining while also being informative.

thanks Eliot..Is Frank Nitti up for parole yet?   

(07-03-2015, 11:26 PM)Arran Wrote:  
(06-29-2015, 08:38 AM)Buzz Wrote:  
Regards
Arran

Buzz;
  If that did come out of a Zenith you could very likely find someone willing to trade you not only a correct Stromberg Carlson speaker but maybe a 1939 Stromberg parts set for it. But at the very least it looks close enough electrically that it should work in the meantime.
Regards
Arran
unless you know someone, I dont have time to do that....buzz

buzz
great song love the way you illustrated it
dickel was very cooperative I see Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_thumbup
sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Buzz, I enjoyed your latest video. I was at an antique car show / flea market today, and found Dickel!! He seems to have hit the bottle pretty hard...

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

(07-05-2015, 03:42 PM)NostalgiaRadioTime Wrote:  Buzz, I enjoyed your latest video. I was at an antique car show / flea market today, and found Dickel!! He seems to have hit the bottle pretty hard...

funny...Ill have to get a bottle,,That Dickel likes his whisky