Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A PITA recap job

Oh, Terry will guide him through it. He handled worse Icon_lol

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Reminds me of Denver. Went back and forth w/ him a lot. That might have been a little bit before you joined.

So Kirk don't make me come up there and fix that thing!!!!!
May have some time on Sunday if you like. Drop me a PM.

Terry

Kirk,

don't let him in unless he brings hamburgers with him. That can justify it Icon_lol

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I think I am pretty open so if you are up for the drive you are very welcome.
If anyone else wants to join the party there is an open invitation.
This way I can pawn off some radios on you guys Icon_mrgreen

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Well,
  Terry may be coming on Sunday so I made up a little table of the "kirk sucks at this" radios. Only 4 so far Icon_lol

Me

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021

Lmao  he even has parts tray with them    Icon_lol
You in trouble  terry  Icon_twisted
Wish I could go but daughter is up from Virginia
This week end    

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Your daughter this, your daughter that!
She is really putting a damper on our friendship. First K-town and now quality time with friends.

Ha Rumph!

Bring her, she can learn to do what daddy does Icon_lol

Me

As of 1/01/2021

Meaning, drinking beer and fixing rat-peed-on radios?

hey not my fought
terry`s fault for wanting to come over. one the wrong weekend Icon_problem
I`m willing to wait until   mikes not mine  cabinets are done  Icon_angel
this way I could bring mine and your radio getting tired of holding hostage Icon_twisted
many me 

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

More cabinets?

[Image: http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/up...oo_elf.gif]

As of 1/01/2021

It's Fixed!!!!
Terry came over and fixed it and a few others.
He's a nice guy!!!

Oh! That's me.

Terry

what you do wear kirk out Icon_confused
he can only store a little at a time Icon_e_ugeek

better watch it mike.  terry works fast Icon_problem

mafiamen2

Competition! Icon_smile

mike
don`t worry I am sure kirk will save you the exceptional ones Icon_thumbup

him

mafiamen2

That one was a PITA. Wired up the filters and a few stray wires to there appropriate places fired it up and it blew out the 25Z5. After a few more 25Z5's we figured we got us a short in the B+(not in the FC side). Started unsoldering the B+ wires to find it and found it at the IF transformer. Fixed that. Now it was playing but had a nasty 60cy hum and it was modulating the audio. So add 40uf to the filtering and it helped a little. Added more bypassing  to the 1st audio and IF amp. Did nothing. Changed out all of the toobs to make sure there wasn't a leaky  cathode/grid somewhere. Did nothing. Bypassed the plate of the 75 to B- that helped a lot but still has a fair amount of hum. Now that I've been thinking about it it could be the grid resistor on the 75 is open. This set runs the audio wide open and adjusts the volume by the amount of RF it allows down the ant. It's pretty cramped under the chassis and a PITA to work on.

The other sets when quick. Bad spkr, miswired cap, and figure out what tubes go in this chassis. The barking dog forum gave Kirk the wrong ID for the chassis so when he pulled up the schematic it didn't match. Got it sorted out and when it got back home (abt 9pm) I found the proper model and schematic for it.

A good time was had by all! Kirk is a gracious host kept me well fed and and full of beverage. House looks great too!

Terry