Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

GOODYEAR RADIO QUESTION

I picked this up at antique store for a small 15$ I put a whole lot of time in it and it does look pretty nice. My question is what do I have here? Only seen one on radio attic. AC/DC is pretty cool and has eye tube , has anybody here see one of these before. I don't think goodyear made to many radios, I know they made a whole lot of tires. I will have to make 1 nob, cant find one to match Icon_sad

Attached Files Image(s)

More pics

Attached Files Image(s)

Fred;
 Goodyear did not make any radios as far as I know, neither did Firestone, you might say that they were private label brand sets like a Silvertone or an Airline that they marketed through their dealerships. One private label brand name that Goodyear liked to use was called "Wings", my guess is that your set may have been manufactured by Stewart Warner as it has a certain S-W look about it.
Regards
Arran

Goodyear made them here in the states for a short period of time. That one is a 6V farm set. 

The closest I could find was this.  I cant read all the tubes in your pics but compare with this non pictured model.
also the model number is fairly similar (maybe the 0 was dropped at RM)

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/goodyear_15130.html