Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1960's Panasonic from an estate sale

I was at an estate sale today, and I saw this real nice Panasonic RE-7371. It was just begging me to take it home, and for $10, I just couldn't pass it up. It's in excellent condition, and it sounds beautiful. It's pretty nice to be in the FM world again, too.

Slave to an RCA Victor CTC-25

For 10 bucks, sure, could always use another tuner.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I hit it with the old GOJO Creme, and YOWZA! That GOJO Creme made it look like brand new!

Attached Files Image(s)

Better than any AM/FM you could get today for the money. Why was it filmed on the toilet tank?

Paul

Tubetalk1

Didn't you know I collect toilets? These are three of my nicest Kohlers.

Attached Files Image(s)

My 1959 Kohler Wellworth. Sorry, I couldn't get all three in the picture.

Attached Files Image(s)

And vintage vacuums I see too. Many plumbers in my family, they were all skeptical of the low flush toilets. A vintage bowl was a quality bowl. I have seen how the vitreous is made and fired and I find it very interesting.

Paul

Tubetalk1

Is there any particular reason why when I click this radio off, it blasts the station back at me for about 2 seconds and slowly fades away? Sometimes it changes stations during the fade. It works great, but this is getting annoying. The blast is so loud, it can be heard on the other side of the house. I'm scared it's going to hurt the speaker if it continues.

First of all it is not from the 1960s, probably more like the early 1970s, before 1970 the Jap makes used to mark the dial frequencies in KC and MC not KHz and MHz, if you open it up you may find some date codes that will narrow it down. As for the other issue with the volume blast when you turn it of chances are it needs the electrolytics changed and maybe a few resistors by now.
Regards
Arran