Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rogers 10-12s finished

I finally got these two cabinets finished. The one with the grill cloth in the center hole is the one with the original finish on it,  except for the narrow trim, which I had to redo. The other one was the one  that I had to totally redo. that is the one with the gold decals and the glass installed. I only have one complete chassis,clock and power supply. I do have the another chassis that needs work..   I sure do like these Rogers radios..
  Dan in Calgary

Attached Files Image(s)

Living in Calgary Alberta

(07-16-2015, 08:38 PM)Dan Walker Wrote:  ........ I sure do like these Rogers radios.....

I can sure see why, those are beautiful.... great job!

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Ooh, yeah....

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Hey Dan that's the nicest radio I've seen in my life, I showed my wife I she fell on the floor Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap

Thanks for the kind compliments.. It took a while but I wanted to get it right. It was good that I had one with the original finish on it so I could match the other one to it. Now you may see why I wanted original Rogers grill cloth
 Dan

Hey Dan ,Richmond Design's has a new diamond pattern grill cloth very close to your Rodgers, cant tell the size of diamonds but may be close and color is real close also Icon_wave

Nice radio indeed! The wood on that console is stunning!!!

Outstanding!!!
Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap

Excellent job Dan. That cabinet can hold its own in any high end setting.
By the way how do the Rogers radios sound?

These rogers radios sound very good. It has a 12 inch speaker. and it is about the heaviest speaker that I have ..
   Some of the other radios that I have sound good but this has a very nice rich tone.. With 10 tubes it does sound nice.
          I could not give you technical aspects of the radio as I am not a tech, but if it sounds good to my ears then I like it.    Now I have to find or make a power supply for one of them. I need another clock and hopefully one will come along.
     Thanks again for the comments.     Dan

Good to hear they sound nice as they look. The clock might be a challenge to find. I'm sure someone on here can help you with how to build a power supply. Good luck.

Dan I have some old cloth that looks like or very close, I will get a picture of it and show you. It just may work! Icon_eek

Thanks Fred... Since I live up here in Alberta, there is a good chance that I will run across a Rogers console that I can steal the cloth from..
    I would buy the radio  and use the cloth on the 10-12 and put something different in  it , Just to have the right one on the 10-12

(07-16-2015, 11:13 PM)Dan Walker Wrote:      Thanks for the kind compliments.. It took a while but I wanted to get it right. It was good that I had one with the original finish on it so I could match the other one to it. Now you may see why I wanted original Rogers grill cloth
 Dan

Dan I have some used cloth that mite work for clock opening

Attached Files Image(s)

Super deluxe job, yow!

Paul

Tubetalk1