Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Radiola 60 cabinet restoration/FININISED

I am restoring the radiola 60 I picked up at auction, the cabinet had seen better days . Sure will look nice when finished, also doing the electrical repairs that it needs. I will post pictures until its finished. Also restoring a uncommon  zenith 829 tombstone , I will start new post on that.

Attached Files Image(s)

Cool!! I'll be watching since I've got the same thing on my bench at the moment. Icon_biggrin

Final clear has been applied and feet have been tinted and installed, lid is sitting on for photograph, the inside is in good shape and will not refinish that, this is my first coffin radio, I think I did good on my choice for one of these.

Attached Files Image(s)

Very nice Fred. So what color toner did you use on the various pieces?

(07-20-2015, 06:54 PM)klondike98 Wrote:  Very nice Fred.  So what color toner did you use on the various pieces?
Black for the trim, meudim walnut on panels and antique gold with one light dust coat of van dyke  brown on feet

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks Fred!!!  The back panel on the one I have is in almost pristine condition probably having been against various walls over the years.  

Are you going to replace the caps in the filter/choke can on the power chassis?  I finally found a video of someone taking it apart and stuffing new caps in.  Having never worked on a Radiola I wasn't sure what the guts looked like but know that you don't want to mess up the choke if you can help it.  Helpful to watch the process before tearing into it  Icon_biggrin