Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

pre war chairside/Finished/almost

Heres another , a very nice GE chair side, the sound on this very nice , yes it plays but will go thru it for performance and safety. Very nice looking with those sliding doors and book matched veneer on top and phono cover slides and hides with the booked veneer . Slide rule dial, AM and 2 short wave bands, storage area in back for your albums or mags. Very nice pre war set Icon_eek Icon_eek Icon_eek

Attached Files Image(s)

Up date on cabinet, grain filled and toned and cleared, will complete when electrical is done including turntable, this radio has a light on bottom front of cabinet which is pretty cool. The bulb , socket and wiring is there but no lens. I call those cat eyes, like the reflector nuts for old bicycle license plates. The hole is there ,its 3/4 hole for cat eye, if any of you have one to sell let me know. It suppose to come on when set is turned on, theres a name for that light , I don't know what it is. May be to let you now the power is on? 

Attached Files Image(s)

Ok got this far and this does not look like the same radio 2 weeks ago, the sound is amazing coming from this 7 tube radio, 12 inch speaker Icon_eek Someone will be happy when they purchase this because I have no more room to keep any radios, I do have more room but I will not allow my self to do so, I have seen hoarder shows and do not want to get anything near that. Icon_clap

Attached Files Image(s)

A few more Icon_eek Icon_eek Icon_eek

Attached Files Image(s)

Very nice. How did you deal with the roll top doors?

Charlie in San Antonio

(07-23-2015, 06:02 PM)ccomer1955 Wrote:  Very nice. How did you deal with the roll top doors?

I left the doors on, cleaned and used spray toner by mowhawk.