Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What to do with Photofinish to preserve it

Here is the Motorola 61CA I've been struggling with. As you can see, the Photofinisher is just about perfect. The border around the top (the flat part of the top is also Photofinisher) is painted in brown tone...it just looks like paint to me. What I'd like to do with it is give it a good cleaning all around, re paint that border, and just give it a good polishing. I can just tape off the Photofinisher without hurting it, yeah? And I can just spray lacquer on the painted part and leave the Photofinisher alone?

Those push buttons are cool, though. They have no electronic parts. They Physically turn the tuning cap to the presets and the adjustment is a screw that lengthens or shortens the part that comes in contact with the cam of the  tuning cap.

Charlie in San Antonio

If it is tight under the clear then yes you can use good tape and work on the surrounding areas.

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

I have gently cleaned photofinish and then sprayed lacquer over t with excellent results.

Steve!
Where ya been?

Me

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

I've been around, but that four letter word (work) keeps getting in the way!  My restorations are at a slow pace because of it.  Hopefully it will slow  up in the winter.