Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

04BR-BRC52-720A

HELP,
I am in needs of a diagram for the dial restring of an Airline model number 04BR-BRC52-720A and also the schematic for it.  I h,ave been looking all over for it Icon_crazy  Icon_e_geek Please help

Attached Files Image(s)

(09-20-2015, 10:24 PM)joeb Wrote:  HELP,
I am in needs of a diagram for the dial restring of an Airline model number 04BR-BRC52-720A and also the schematic for it.  I h,ave been looking all over for it Icon_crazy  Icon_e_geek Please help

It will either be listed under Montgomery Ward or Belmont in the Rider manuals, or possibly in Beitmans, 1940 will be the model year, Montgomery Ward used to reverse the first two digits so 04 means 1940, 05 means 1950, 14 means 1941, etc.
Regards
Arran

Here's a copy of the schematic for the 1939 model:
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/Resources/920/M0011920.htm
However, it does not include the dial stringing diagram.

Carl
Northern Panhandle, WV

thank this will help

Usually two or three turns around the tuning knob shaft which can be cleaned up and even roughed up a bit in the detent where the where windings go, grease up any other pulleys sparingly with a toothpick, keep off the cord, and replace spring to tighten up string around the tuning capacitor wheel. You can use real dial cord from suppliers available here or other hobby sites, or braided fishing lure cord, some even use unwaxed dental floss, doubled up or not, braided button hole thread or whatever. If you get the threading backwards, shouldn't take long to figure out the correct way.