Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Marconi 138

I just bought this Marconi model 138. I really like the rogers and Marconi consoles.. They have those large dials and this one has 14 dial lights. I have it recapped and it does have a very clear and nice sound.. The cabinet will have to wait until spring and it is going to need some extensive work on the top.
  I may bring it in and do the repairs on the top during the winter. All the knobs are there but the grill cloth is shot.

Attached Files Image(s)

Living in Calgary Alberta

Those Canadian sets are way cool!

Looks good Dan. Those Marconi sets have really big sound. The cabinet repairs don't look too intimidating. A few veneer chips, maybe a bit of veneer lift and a lot of flaking lacquer. It will look beautiful when you are done.

cheers

John

(10-10-2015, 07:46 AM)John Bartley Wrote:  Looks good Dan. Those Marconi sets have really big sound. The cabinet repairs don't look too intimidating. A few veneer chips, maybe a bit of veneer lift and a lot of flaking lacquer. It will look beautiful when you are done.

cheers

John
   Thanks  John. It looks better than it is ..
  You make it sound so simple.  All those light colored lines running from front to rear,on the top are lifted veneer. It should be relatively easy to repair, but it just takes time.
  It  Will be worked on this winter.
  Dan in Calgary

Living in Calgary Alberta