Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pilot X-131 finished

Just finished it today.  A nice player, but a lot of rubber wire.

[Image: http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a414...b2fi5q.jpg]

Lookin' good!
Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap

Very nice radio with a beautiful finish!  Where did you find your decals?  I have a Pilot H220 and it is one heck of a performer.

Craig R.

Thanks!  Those are the original decals.  I lightly sanded the cabinet and sprayed with clear lacquer, sanding in between coats.  It cleaned up well and sounds great.

Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap  Congratulations, beautiful radio. It will be fun to see what you can pick up on the shortwave bands. 

Icon_thumbup Very nice!  I love the look of the old Pilots and yours looks especially nice with the original finish spruced up a bit.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Nice job, that's a good looking radio. The fins for speaker opening real makes the cabinet POP. Icon_clap 

Agree with Fred. Man, I love radios like that. Art-Deco was the best style ever. What year was that from? ED

I think it was a 1941 model.  It's been playing great for a week now. My new daily driver.

Cool set!! I have a Pilot H224, a 12 tube (incl 1 ballast) AC/DC set with four 25L6 output tubes, a roller dial, and a serpentine filament string! It is a decent receiver and has decent sound, but is not of the same quality as a comparable transformer set. 

Very nice indeed!

Crist

Pilot was an interesting company, made stuff in New York and Massachusetts. I got beat on a large table set at a swap not long ago, it was not as sharp but had a unique look and very large knobs.

Good luck with that very fine looking set.

Paul

Tubetalk1

Thank you for all the nice comments.

Steve

That dial in that Pilot reminds me of the ones used in the 1939 RCA Victor models, white lettering and numbers on a brown background, the shade of brown is the same too.
Regards
Arran