Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

zenith 6s27 restore/FINISHED!

Started on this zenith 6s27, got the radio playing real nice. The cabinet was more than I bargained for the veneer on the front control panel was coming apart after stripping cabinet and have no choice but to replace the veneer. Here are some pictures of that process that I take Icon_eek

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice looking set Fred!
Can't have too many clamps.

What type/kind of glue do you use for jobs like this?

Tim

Just finished the cabinet today, although the zenith cabinet still will get a fresh coat of zenith blue on the inside.The zenith is playing strong and will get new grill cloth as well with newly refinished nobs.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice as always Bud!

Crist

As usual Fred, what a great job. You work quick!
Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Finished up zenith 6s27 tombstone today and pleased with the results. Very nice looking radio and will be a keeper to add to my collection of fine antique radios

Attached Files Image(s)

Few more pictures

Attached Files Image(s)

As usual, your terrific job!

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Looks just like it rolled off the factory floor - no better and no worse.  That's the highest compliment I can give for a cabinet resto Icon_thumbup

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

(11-07-2015, 09:21 PM)Eliot Ness Wrote:  Looks just like it rolled off the factory floor - no better and no worse.  That's the highest compliment I can give for a cabinet resto Icon_thumbup

Thank you Eliot for the complement , I try to do the best I can with with the tools I have, enjoying restoring these radios. I wish i had a full time job doing them Icon_e_biggrin . Thanks every body else for the kind words.

Wow! Super nice outcome as always. Looks like it just came out of the Zenith factory!  Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup Icon_clap Icon_clap

(11-08-2015, 09:05 AM)PhilcoJohn Wrote:  Wow! Super nice outcome as always. Looks like it just came out of the Zenith factory!  Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup Icon_clap Icon_clap

Thanks John, sounds pretty darn good Icon_biggrin