Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Beomaster 2400

Got my parents' B/O 2400 up and running this weekend, lubed controls, and it is a dream. Finally got it downstairs to the family room. Pair of KLH speakers and your golden.

https://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=335

Paul  Icon_smile

Tubetalk1

Neat! Icon_thumbup Do you still have the remote, and is it still working?

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I have the Ultrasonic remote and also have found a TR149 15v battery to power it. It works fine, 4 whopping presets or change to phono.

My folks only had 2 stereos I remember, a Magnavox from a Dept. Store, that was like a four legged box, sliding door, multi record changer. Then they bought this baby went with a pair of KEF speakers and had a shop build them a stand. They were not wealthy but knew this was good entertainment. They had it forever, it became mine after Ma passed away.

They enjoyed good music, big band, choral, orchestral, loooved the Boston POPS and Boston Symphony. Good tastes for a utilty worker and his wife, they read a lot and were well educated despite never attending college.

Paul

Tubetalk1

(11-09-2015, 08:00 PM)Paul Philco322 Wrote:  I have the Ultrasonic remote and also have found a TR149 15v battery to power it. It works fine, 4 whopping presets or change to phono.

My folks only had 2 stereos I remember, a Magnavox from a Dept. Store, that was like a four legged box, sliding door, multi record changer. Then they bought this baby went with a pair of KEF speakers and had a shop build them a stand. They were not wealthy but knew this was good entertainment. They had it forever, it became mine after Ma passed away.

They enjoyed good music, big band,  choral, orchestral, loooved the Boston POPS and Boston Symphony. Good tastes for a utilty worker and his wife, they read a lot and were well educated despite never attending college.

Paul

I never really cared much for the styling of Bang and Olefson equipment, but I do know that the older stuff was like Fisher, well designed and well made, then they dumbed things down by the 80s until it was just a badge engineered product. The Magnavox cabinet stereos were quite good, the ones that were all U.S built that is, thought they more resembled a casket with speakers then a four legged box, much like B & O and Fisher they too went downhill after they started badge engineering imported products.
Regards
Arran

I have been hearing a bit of hum not had before. I spoke with a guy who is factory service up here for B/O and he was of the opinion the filter caps are very good even when old and it is often another cap leaking or drying out. Will see how it goes.

Paul

Tubetalk1

Well, if it is a nice piece of equipment, enjoyable and higher quality, certainly replacement of electrolytic capacitors is not out of line. Along the way a trace or need of a little Deoxit may present itself. Of course controls, and resistors become unpredictable with time, but best of luck!

Well had to revive this thread, antenna experimentation has led me to receive my fave music station here in Boston on the B&O, awesome......I am now using a pair of Radio Shack speakers, real Walnut, what at treat.
Charlie Barnett 3 Lessons with Madame Lazonga, Bing Lay that pistol down with Andrews Sisters, great sound.
Thanks Mom@Dad. I pick up the FM translator on the Beomaster as it is FM only.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WJIB

Paul

Tubetalk1

Paul did you have to replace any of the caps to get rid of the hum? David

Doesn't have anything to do with Lifeboy soap...

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Yes we did change caps, later in the day it was deciding to change stations by itself, so if it was on preset 3 it may start playing another. So not sure what is going on, as it gets warm something seems to give. I may listen some more today.

Very dry Terry, yes B&O, no soap.

Paul

Tubetalk1