Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Crosley 03CA

I recently worked on a friend's console, Crosley 03CA.  She has owned it for many years and it finally quit playing.  She asked me to see if I could help it. It belonged to her grandmother and she remembered it playing at grandma's house and sounding like a jukebox. 

After re-capping, replacing bad tubes, and a few resistors, I could see why she thought it sounded good.  It's not a WLW, but it's above average for 1940ish radios.

It has a BEAUTIFUL dial and dial glass; I would say perfect, especially after nearly 75 years.  Cosmetically, the cabinet is about an 8 out of 10, original finish, but knobs which are badly warped and mis-shapened, and one push button on the presets is missing.  However, I found a website that has reproductions should she wish to replace them. 

All the bands worked without any tinkering...a very nice specimen.  Almost wish I could have kept it, but that would mean getting rid of one of my consoles---which would be hard to do. 

Attached Files Image(s)

I had one of those many years ago. Never did get it working , had trouble wrapping my head around the direct coupled triode output stage. Nice looking one!!

Terry