Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco C-1343 restore and cart rebuild

Well, 

I finally received my new Piezo elements and went to the shop to play. It was a magnetic cart so I cut out the magnetic portion and just wired in the element into the rebuilt cart and directly to the tone arm.
She doesn't have the best volume but she is playing nice. Once I permanently adhere everything in the cart then it should provide more vibration to the needle.
I used Alan's tutorials to rebuild it and just subbed the Piezo for the crystal.

The player was completely dismantled, degreased, regreased, rebuilt, and is lookin good!
Video below (if the link works!)

http://vid821.photobucket.com/albums/zz1...G_9007.mp4

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Well, doggone it, if no one else will say this, I will...

Kirk - I'm proud of you, man! You've gone from not knowing anything about electronics to someone who has accomplished something that a lot of us folks who have been in the hobby for a number of years would never attempt, and that is rebuilding a phono cartridge. My hat's off to ya! Icon_thumbup Icon_clap Icon_wave

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Well,
I was afraid of it but when I started liking these silly machines I figured I ned to learn. Thanks to Alan's tutorial I have been able to do it somewhat.
Not many of us here do record players so I figured I can now rebuild carts for the others. It only costs about $4.00 to do.
Thanks Ron,
Me

As of 1/01/2021

Who is Alan? Syl I know, but which Alan are you referring to?

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Nice work, but like Ron said, who's Alan (link please)?  And where did you get the Piezo elements?

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Kirk

I am proud of you too.
I attribute good learning abilities to periodic shocking events, but whatever floats your boat as long as you survive and learn. Icon_smile

Now about the volume: it is possible that the low volume is attributable to the fact that magnetic is low impedance and piezo is high so without proper input impedance adjusting (transformer or input circuit mod) it might stay low. But..may be OK if you don't mind.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I purchased the Piezo off ebay nice and cheap.
I would get smaller ones next time.These are too big.

This guy has multiple sizes to save on shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191674434060?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT

Mike,
It could be but I think it is my procedure. I am getting smaller Piezo's so hopefully that will work. Less cutting of the element may just do it. I got the 12MM and 25MM in a group lot on ebay.
Takes 3 weeks to get in the mail though...ugh....

Oops, Alan, lolol
Syl Syl Syl is correct...

Me

As of 1/01/2021

kirk
great job   Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_thumbup
you only have at least 4 more to go Icon_twisted

ron   guess you should add  phono to phorum index now

sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

I finished the Columbia today!
http://vid821.photobucket.com/albums/zz1...G_0036.mp4
Much easier than that small cart
I suppose all of the ones you have will need carts too....

Me

As of 1/01/2021

kirk
your on a roll  great job  Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_thumbup

em

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2