Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Delco R-1115

Found this in a shop in Cincinnatti last weekend. Plays great. Owner re-capped it. 

5 Tubes, transformer? Must play pretty good, do you use a long wire?

Very Nice find.

Paul

Tubetalk1

5 tubes, A/C 115V. No Shortwave. It's hard to see but the knobs have wooden inserts.

For my antenna I use my rain gutter. I ran a piece of coax out to the rain gutter just outside the window through the frame of the window. I attached the center conductor to the metal downspout using a crimped on eyelet, and the shield to a 3" ground rod. Again, with a crimped on eyelet. Ran the coax under the siding to the downspout. I ran new screws in each joint of the downspout and rain gutter to insure good continuity. Covered each new screw and any eyelets with clear rtv to try and slow any corrosion. The rain gutter is about 60 foot long. Inside I have a piece of wire on each radio about 2 foot long attached to the antenna terminal. On the other end I attached a small copper alligator clip. I just clip the antenna lead to the center conductor of the coax for whatever radio I am playing. I disconnect it when not in use in case of a lightning strike. Works pretty well and from the outside there is very little to see and annoy the home beautification committee (wife).

Nice looking little set. Sometimes it is nice to buy a radio that is already done and ready to go. Icon_smile

No matter where you go, there you are.