Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

BIG SCOTT CONSOLE CABINET RESTORE

(01-31-2016, 11:37 PM)mikethedruid Wrote:  Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup Amazing job, Fred, probably looks actually better than new.What model guts went in it, if you don't mind my asking, so I can check the schematic? I remember Jean Shepherd, on WOR, talking about how his "old man" had a Scott and would listen to stations from all over the world. I believe some of them even had a BFO to receive CW and sideband.

Thanks Mike for the complements, I don't know what the chassis is or looks like, it was gutted out when I got it but I do know that It carry's 3 speakers because the owner forgot to remove the two tweeters.

That cabinet was made for the Allwave 23 - 7 knob version. There is also a 5-knob version of the AW 23.

The Tasman cabinet was also made for the Allwave 15 (only 4 knobs, I think). Some early Philharmonics also came in a Tasman cabinet.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Fred a great job as allways! Looks better than it did when it was brand new!

You must have been a real "swell" as they used to say to have a Scott, or even to have a house you could fit that baby into. Your work is so nice I would be afraid to have something like that in my house, I would bump it with the vacuum or someone would drop something on it, for a Museum it is!

I did not know Shep's dad had one, I listened to some of the wor shows the other day, they broke the mold with Jean Shepard.

Paul

Tubetalk1

Wow! That is beautiful. I have that same model but the cabinet is in pieces. You're motivating me to restore it.

Steve

WOW!!!  Icon_crazy

My wife & I are starting a restore on that exact Scott cabinet.  I doubt it'll look as good as this one when we're through, but we're gonna give it a try!  Don't be surprised if I hit you up for some advice.  Icon_angel