Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Coming soon,, FADA 314 C

Last year I recapped a zenith  12S 268  shutterdial for a friend of mine and yesterday he told me about this radio  in an antique mall. I told him that I would have bought it. well he phoned the mall and bought the radio to give to me, for recapping his radio.
  It is a FADA model 413 C. with 13 tubes including the eye tube. As I understand it, this was their top of the line radio. I won't be getting the radio for a week or more, but  I would like to know if anyone has worked on these before and if there are any challenges that I should know about.
After looking at the schematics it looks pretty straight forward.
   The cabinet looks good except for the few splatters of paint and that can be taken care of
   I do need to know if there are any reproduction buttons [knobs] available. As I haven't worked on one of these before , I don't know exactly what they are
 The ones around the dial.
 Any information about this radio is appreciated. The photos are of the real radio and one from the interenet

Attached Files Image(s)

Living in Calgary Alberta

An interesting set! 

1. Uses a 76 tube for the 2d detector, also a 76 tube as an inverter for one leg of the PP output. Since the rest of the tubes are octal, except for the 5Z3, wonder why they went with the 76 vice a 6C5 or 6J5? 

2. Also an interesting take on AFC circuitry, using a combination of a 6H6 discriminator and 6J7 control tube. 

3. Alignment instructions include use of a 60 microameter galvonometer for alignment of the AFC circuitry.  Icon_wtf

ANYWAY... a neat set with some neat features