Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 50-T702

Yeah, the HV rectifier has been replaced. The HV is up where it should be about 5Kv. The picture is very viewable in a semi-dark room.

Crist

Arran, that is interesting about the phosphor. I actually read about this recently in an old TV book. It mentioned that the phosphor can even degrade to the point that you can actually see into the tube from the front! Well, no matter if it is low emission or gas, the tube is tired. But, at least it is still giving service, and there is something to be said for that. Crist, that chassis is really looking nice! A little patience will pay off in locating a better tube. It took me over 30 years to find a NOS tube for one of my sets that I could afford. Mine had a line burned across the screen from a vertical sweep failure. That really wrecks an otherwise good picture! Icon_neutral

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

(05-19-2016, 10:19 PM)Madmurdok Wrote:  Arran, that is interesting about the phosphor. I actually read about this recently in an old TV book. It mentioned that the phosphor can even degrade to the point that you can actually see into the tube from the front! Well, no matter if it is low emission or gas, the tube is tired. But, at least it is still giving service, and there is something to be said for that. Crist, that chassis is really looking nice! A little patience will pay off in locating a better tube. It took me over 30 years to find a NOS tube for one of my sets that I could afford. Mine had a line burned across the screen from a vertical sweep failure. That really wrecks an otherwise good picture! Icon_neutral

Yeah, I'm going to be patient.  Anybody have any knobs?

Crist

If you really can't stand watching a dim 7JP4 there are some scope tubes that will work as a cheap substitute, but the phosphors are P1 rather then P4, the drawback of course is that the phosphor is green rather then white. A lot of people go the scope tube route on one of those 3'' Pilot TVs since it's all too common to find one of the original 3KP4s with an open filament thanks to the goofy filament series string those sets used.
Regards
Arran

Still looking for some knobs.

Crist