Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

marconi 157

got a bunch of cousins up there ,,Holyrood,,,Bell Island---I love it in thee summer,,,ONLY

(12-08-2016, 07:28 PM)BrendaAnnD Wrote:  I got to seriously looking under the chassis of this thing... someone who knows NOTHING about electronics has worked on it. There are resistors that have been put in parallel that should be in series (voltage divider), missing resistors, a large cap to ground from the grid of the output tube... lots of fun carp. This is going to be a lot of work.

when you say large cap do you mean electrolytic cap

(12-09-2016, 05:18 PM)Kenneth F. Besso Jr. Wrote:  got a bunch of cousins up there ,,Holyrood,,,Bell Island---I love it in thee summer,,,ONLY

do any of your family out there do radio repair

(12-08-2016, 07:48 PM)morzh Wrote:  The caps...CapXon....never heard of these.
Seriously. You need to get someone with experience to look at it.

Mike;
  Consider yourself fortunate that you haven't. Capxon is one of those Chicom mystery brands of caps that are on the hall of shame list over at badcaps.net. They are so bad, and have caused so many premature equipment failures, that people call them Craps-on as well as other more expletive names. In this case it is on the cathode of the 6F6G tube so even if it was dead shorted it wouldn't kill anything, but it surprises me that Just Radios would pedal such an infamous brand of capacitor.
Regards
Arran

thanks for the info

NO,,sorry,,they don't repair radio's

got the motor boating fixed

What was it?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

it was a wire shorting out the primary and secondary of one of the if transformers