Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Doerle 2 tube build.

Hi,

I'm getting ready to build the radio and have a question. On the schematic where does the other side of R2 connect? Does it go to ground?

Thanks,

Andy

(12-17-2016, 05:00 PM)Andy Wrote:  Hi,

I'm getting ready to build the radio and have a question. On the schematic where does the other side of R2 connect? Does it go to ground?

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy,
This question is probably better suited for the Other Radio topic. Moderators will move it. No big deal. Happy to entertain your question, am familiar with the Doerle but would be helpful if you could link or post a schematic. I'm sure there are several around so I just want to be sure it's the same one you are using.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Thanks, Terry and sorry. I just assumed everyone on the Forum knew this radio since Ron built it and it is part of the site.

I moved the thread.

Andy, I don't know if this LINK is what you are referring to but I suspect it is. If so, that's actually Chuck Schwark's Philco Repair Bench site.

(12-17-2016, 05:15 PM)Andy Wrote:  Thanks, Terry and sorry. I just assumed everyone on the Forum knew this radio since Ron built it and it is part of the site.

Oh you mean this one?
http://www.philcorepairbench.com/doerle.htm
On R-2 the one end is not connected, it's in series with the filament and controls the filament voltage and the gain of the tubes. If you did connect (which you shouldn't) that end to ground it would run your A battery down in short order.

Happy regenerating!

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

(12-17-2016, 05:26 PM)klondike98 Wrote:  I moved the thread.  

Andy, I don't know if this LINK is what you are referring to but I suspect it is.  If so, that's actually Chuck Schwark's Philco Repair Bench site.

Yes, that is the schematic and thanks again. The colors and make-up are very similar. 

Thanks, Terry and Bob......I need to pay more attention!!  Icon_wink