Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 48-2500?

A local antiques dealer just finally sent me pictures of a television he told me about over the winter. It appears to be a Philco 48-2500 console with the projection set! I am not sure about persuing this item because of space and because it also seems to use an odd CRT. What would this be worth in decent, looking to be complete condition? Any help and advice on this unit would be appreciated.

No matter where you go, there you are.

If it's the projection set, the blonde cabinet will be worth more than the mahogany. The blonde is a prototype and the mahogany is the production model. A price guide I have from eleven years ago puts it $125 in good condition and complete. It is likely for the production set. This one does use an odd CRT. It has an octal base instead of the typical 14 pin base. Check it out and see.

Visit the world's worst TV restoration website.

http://evilfurnaceman.tripod.com

I'll have to try and get a look at it in person. It doesn't look blonde, but looks lighter than mahogany in the pictures he sent me. The piece is in his private storage, so I might have to wait to see it. I have a few old sets and they can be fun and a curse at the same time. If you get them restored and use them too much, they die. If you don't use them enough, they die. I might pass on this critter and aim him towards another buyer.

No matter where you go, there you are.

I have an extra CRT and various other extra parts for a 48-2500 in the event you are still interested in this set and it's still around.

Looking for a good flyback transformer for this set? Icon_wave thanks, chip